How to Take Online Admission in Chandigarh, PUNJAB UNIVERSITY
Are you from Chandigarh or Punjab? you want to take admission in Chandigarh Govt College?
Here is the Complete Step to Take Admission Online in Chandigarh
STEPS TO FOLLOW :
Step 1: Online Registration
- Click on the link e-प्रवेश (2020-2021) on the DHE website www.dhe.chd.gov.in.
- Click on Sign Up to register on website by filling Email ID, Mobile Number (WhatsApp) and Name (Spellings of Name must be same as in Class-X marks sheet/certificate)..
- Mobile Number will be the Login ID and Password will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number through SMS.
- Candidate can change the password, if he/she desires.
- Candidate will be able to Login to the admission portal by using the password in all future visits to this portal.
- Pay Registration Fee of Rs. 70/- online to proceed further to fill application form. Note down the transaction number generated.
- Payment verification will take maximum upto 24 hours.
- Candidate can apply for Multiple Courses/Colleges with the same User id and Password. However, the applicants will have to fill separate form for different courses..
Step 2: Login to apply for courses
- Login to the DHE website www.dhe.chd.gov.in with the registered user id and password.
- Click on APPLICATION FORM. Candidate will be asked two options:-
1) Degree Colleges 2) Professional Colleges
Select option 1) Degree Colleges.
- Candidate will select his/her choice. Candidate will be asked two options:-
1) New Student 2) Old Student
- Candidate applying for the first time for 1st year of courses in UG/PG courses will click on the link New Student.
- Select Centralized Admission link for courses for which admissions are centralized and select Non-Centralized link for courses whose admission will be in respective colleges (Check Prospectus for details).
- Instruction page will be displayed once the candidate selects the Course.
- Read the rules and regulations thoroughly before filling the Application form.
- The application form will be displayed to the candidate.
Step 3: Filling Online Application Form
Step 4: Upload Certificates/Testimonials, Scanned Photograph and Signature
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth.
- 10+2 Detailed Marks Certificate.
- University/ Board DMC of the lower examination.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended or from a Gazetted Officer in case of private candidates. (Specimen of the form is given at the end of the Prospectus)
- Migration Certificate/ Inter-University Migration Certificate.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Challenged Persons/ Sports/ Defence/ Freedom Fighter’s Ward/ Kashmiri Displaced Person’s Ward/ Descendants of Kargil Martyrs/ Single Girl Child/ One out of only Two Girl Children/ Cancer/ AIDS/ Thalassemia Patients/ Border Area/ Rural Area/ Excelled in Youth Festival.
- Sports Gradation Certificate issued from Chandigarh Sports Department for both U.T Pool and General Pool applicants.
- Equivalence Certificate from Panjab University of the last course passed by the applicant (where required).
2. Applicants are also required to upload:
- Scanned passport size photo of the applicant (not more than 50kb).
- Scanned signature of the applicant (not more than 50kb).
- Scanned signature of either of the Parent/ Guardian (not more than 50kb).
Other important instructions
- Applicants will only be able to download Provisional Admission Form after the display of allotment of colleges on 3rd August, 2020 (Monday) .
- The admission will be based on merit, which will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying examination.
- The applicant will have to give the preference of 08 subject combinations. (with cap of one subject selected for maximum of 04 times).
- Weightage, wherever applicable, would be given as per Panjab University, Chandigarh norms.
- Two affidavits, in original, are to be attached with the application form in case of gap year/years, if any (Specimen of the affidavit is given at the end of the Prospectus). Applicants with gap year will not be admitted to any college until the gap is explained to the satisfaction of the convener of the respective admission committee of the concerned college, by submitting an affidavit as per the specimen given at the end of the Prospectus. Scanned copy of the original affidavit is also required to be uploaded in .pdf format. Applicant having gap year has to fill the form online as ‘NEW STUDENT’.
- The documents uploaded by the applicant will be scrutinized to confirm that there is no shortcoming or deficiency in the application form. Applicant will be able to check the status of his/her application online with his/her password on the admission portal in this regard.
- No separate communication will be sent to the applicants regarding Online Admission Schedule and all the information/updates will be available on the website and the online prospectus.
- All the admitted applicants are required to submit online the Anti-Ragging Undertaking at the Anti-Ragging Web Portal of Government of India (www.antiragging.in).